In this free WordPress training video, Benjamin Bradley, the Professor at WebDesign.com, reviews 18 basic points – and one critical plugin – you need to know about when setting up and growing your WordPress website.
Some of the topics covered include:
- How and why to set your privacy settings
- Why it’s important to set your tagline and time zone (common settings people forget)
- How to access advanced options when creating posts and pages
- How to create an image gallery in a post or page easily and quickly, including adding captions and descriptions for each image
- How to use the “Excerpt” field and page-specific discussion settings to further customize your site
- How to use the multiple elements within the publishing options, such as sticky posts and password protection
- How to work with the media library screen options – and why you would want to
- Two recommendations on how to set your permalinks
Watch the video below to learn about all these tips and more, including the essential Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades Plugin.
Check out all the WordPress and web design webinars on the Events page, including the free webinars like this one, taught every Tuesday at 11am Central Time.