There are plenty of Twitter resources out there to help you figure it out. Since Twitter is so new many of these resources are changing and being replaced with newer and better resources. But a good place to start is Twitter’s own guide for businesses. They include plenty of best practices, case studies and other resources. You can also check out the blog Twitip.com, which is full of all things Twitter.
If you prefer to do your learnin’ offline, you can check out a number of books:
- The Twitter Book by Tim O’Reilly & Sarah Milstein
- Twitter Tips, Tricks & Tweets by Paul McFedries
- Twitter Means Business by Julio Ojeda-Zapata
- Twitter Power: How to Dominate Your Market One Tweet at a Time by Joel Comm
- Twitter Revolution: How Social Media and Mobile Marketing is Changing the Way We Do Business & Market Online by Warren Whitlock and Deborah Micek
(But remember how quickly these books will go out of date!)
You can also check out our growing series of blog entries on Twitter.