Spring Cleaning is more than just cleaning out the mistakes of the past! It’s also about preparing for the future. And what better way to prepare for the future than to ensure the security of your site!
Here are our top five tools for securing and backing up your site:
- Akismet - Akismet helps to keep those spam comments from flooding your site. Akismet comes preinstalled in your WordPress installation and can be used for free – but if you can make a donation, please do! Being free of the headache of spam comments is worth a donation!
- Sucuri – Sucuri is all about Malware and they love to destroy it! If you have already been hacked, they can help you clean it up. They also offer prevention and monitoring.
- Login Lockdown – Login Lockdown limits the number of times someone can try to login to your site and then locks them out of the site for an hour (time locked out and number of attempts can be adjusted in your settings).
- BackupBuddy - Okay, so maybe we’re a little biased on this one! But we feel we have a right to be proud. BackupBuddy is the only backup, restore and migration tool out there. So if you have been hacked, you can easily restore your site from a backup. Unhappy with your host? BackupBuddy also allows you to easily move your site to a new server, with all of your settings and plugins intact (including all your security plugins). Plus, BackupBuddy has a built in Malware Scan (thanks to our friends at Sucuri).
- VaultPress – Created by our friends at Automattic, VaultPress offers a backup and restore option along with helping keep your site free of Malware.
For more on securing your WordPress site, be sure to check out the free Lockdown WordPress: Security Tips from Sucuri webinar.