Are you ready for a comprehensive course to help you get off the starting blocks and into the journey of building sites with WordPress? We’ve got an exciting course coming that addresses this specific need here at WebDesign.com, June 11–13, 2013.
Start learning how to get WordPress to work for you instead of you having to labor over WordPress methodology. In this course, attendees will receive a solid foundation from which to base their skill when working with WordPress.
Several of the topics that will be covered in this multi-day event are:
- What REALLY is WordPress? Understanding the relationship between PHP and MySQL … that WordPress is essentially a “pretty face” for a MySQL database.
June 11th @ 1pm – Reserve your seat now
- The history of the POST and the difference from a PAGE. By understanding where WordPress came from we can understand why everything is a “post” in WordPress. We will also learn about hiearchy, taxonomies, and ordering.
June 11th @ 3pm – Reserve your seat now
- Setup WordPress with minimal fuss. Learn the necessary (and sometimes hidden) options you need to set in order to work with WordPress.
June 11th @ 5pm – Reserve your seat now
- Cracking the mystery of themes while getting loopy. By understanding how different theme pages have built-in hierarchy, and how template tags dictate how content is displayed, you will understanding theme construction. Also learn the basics of the WordPress Loop and how it works so that you will be better prepared to customize any WordPress theme.
June 12th @ 1pm – Reserve your seat now
- Working with images. The WordPress Media Library can be both useful and frustrating. Learn how to make the best use of this built-in resource.
June 12th @ 3pm – Reserve your seat now
- Extend WordPress. Learn the differences and rationals between using a theme’s functions.php file and using a plugin to extend WordPress.
June 12th @ 5pm – Reserve your seat now
- Menu and Widget Freedom Learn how to use the WordPress menu system to create useful navigation systems for your site. By learning that WordPress widgets are nothing more than tupperware containers that hold ‘stuff’, it can free up restrictions you feel WordPress has placed on you.
June 13th @ 1pm – Reserve your seat now
- Managing Users. The capabilities of managing users can be unnecessarily confusing but through this session attendees will learn how to take advantage of WordPress user roles and how this can expand the capabilities of different sites.
June 13th @ 3pm – Reserve your seat now
- Building with Builder. The final session will show how much easier it is to work with WordPress when using iThemes Builder because of Layouts, Views, Extensions, duplication and more.
June 13th @ 5pm – Reserve your seat now
We’ll be rolling out more information soon, so make sure to mark your calendars for June 11-13!