In order to assist the members of WebDesign.com prepare for next week’s 8th WordPress Developer Course, we are releasing a recommended watching list of prior recorded webinars. This list can be used to make sure those members who will be attending the WordPress Developer Course will have the required knowledge base so that they can participate fully in the more in-depth training offered during this special course.
The first webinars you should make sure you are familiar with is the free (open to everyone… not just WebDesign.com members) walking through the basics of HTML and CSS. You can find series of 18 videos at the HTML and CSS Basics video page. It will also be beneficial to be familiar with many of the free training videos offered in the iThemes Tutorial section (http://ithemes.com/tutorials), and specifically the Builder, Builder CSS and WordPress 101 series.
The following Members Only videos are also important foundational videos that will give you a jump start on many of the topics being covered during the WordPress Developer Course:
- Pods-a-palooza – An 2 1/2 hour webinar on the Pods plugin (and Custom Post Types)
- PluginFocus: Widget Logic – An hour and a half look into conditional tags in WordPress
- Builder Reboot 2013 – An hour and a half fresh look at the Builder theme by iThemes
- SEO: Back to the Basics – An hour refresh on WordPress and SEO
- Rewatch a number of the Dojo COMPLETE webinars: HTML5 Dojo Complete, jQuery Dojo Complete, CSS Dojo Complete, and HTML Dojo Complete
- WordPress Localhost – An hour and a half look at running WordPress on a localhost
- PluginFocus: Advanced Access Manager – An hour look at a plugin we will use for customizing the admin area for clients
- PluginFocus: LoopBuddy – An hour and a half look at LoopBuddy and manipulating the WordPress loop
- Review the basics on PHP in PHP Dojo One, PHP Dojo Two, and PHP Dojo Three