WebDesign.com is excited to officially announce the next WordPress Developer Course is scheduled for December 9th, 10th, and 11th. The WebDesign.com’s WordPress Developer Course is the premier developer focused course that teaches attendees how to use WordPress as the backbone and platform for all development projects. This is an advanced, intensive and comprehensive live online training event geared to give developers the necessary tools to develop solid websites.
When: This course will take place over the course of 3 days. Thursday, December 9th (6pm-9pm), Friday, December 10th (6pm-9pm), and Saturday, December 11th (8am-Noon). All times are Central Time.
So what is this course and who is it for?
This course is perfect for anyone who wants to create a better WordPress website for themselves or for their clients. In order to understand how to “think outside the box” and create some creative uses for WordPress, you first need to understand the box. This WordPress Developer Course will help you understand the box so you can make WordPress work for you and not have to do all the heavily lifting of development yourself.
Prerequisites: Some of you may be concerned that this course will be over your head or you are wondering if this is the right class to take. It is helpful if you have worked with WordPress before and have used or seen how the iThemes Builder theme is used. It is also helpful if you don’t freak out when you look at CSS. Most people, regardless of their level are going to find enormous benefits of attending this WordPress Developers Course.
Cost: This course costs $297 for non-WebDesign.com members. But all WebDesign.com annual members can attend this full 3-day course for no extra charge. To learn more about WebDesign.com membership and benefits, check out our training page.
Preview of Topics Covered
- How to install WordPress faster and more securely
- Understand the wp-config.php file and all options
- Installation tricks and tips
Securing your Site
- Making sense of the obscurity security
- Know which security holes exists so you can fix them
- How to communicate to your client about security
- Learn about the 6 required plugins
- Learn which plugins belong in your toolbox
- Begin to think outside the box when dealing with plugins
- Begin writing your own plugin
- Understand when you should write your own plugin or modify an existing plugin
- The how and why of the WordPress loop
- Learn how to manipulate the loop through code and through plugins
Themes (using the Builder theme)
- Build a child theme from scratch
- Learn when to use style.css, Style Manager, and Extensions
- Learn unconventional uses for Builder
Custom Post Types
- How to build custom post types with code and with a plugin
- Custom Post Types vs. Pods CMS
- Getting Builder to play nice with CPT/Pods
- How to use the functions.php file to make your life and the life of your client easier
- Create your own set of shortcodes
- Functions.php vs building your own plugin
- Understanding hooks: actions and filters
You can learn more about this live training webinar and additional webinars WebDesign.com offers on our events page. If you want to have a live calendar feed of all WebDesign.com webinars, download the WebDesign.com ICAL file.