Last Friday, Benjamin lunched with us while discussing SEO for 2012.
He started by reminding us that “Content is King” when it comes to SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and that hasn’t changed. However, Benjamin primarily focused on Advanced SEO.
Advanced SEO is not:
- How to write good content
- How to get quality links
- How to perform day-to-day optimization tasks
- How to negotiate analytics
- Understanding trends
- Building resources
- Utilizing metrics
Some of the things that are key to ASO for 2012 include:
- Brand Value Farming – SEO does not build a brand, but it does enhance a brand through cultivation, leveraging and growing the brand.
- Event and Strategic Response Planning – This means looking ahead, not just to client events, but also to be aware of new technologies that ASO partners should take advantage of.
- Passive Networking and Social Utilization – ASO partners are always testing, trying new things, building new concepts and being ready for whats next.
- “Life Boat Drills” - Always be testing and looking for points of failure so that you can fix it quickly and put your clients in a position to capitalize on changes on the internet.